Golf FORE Girls Program
Programming and Events Schedule/Calendar
Read About Game Changers!
Youth On Course Information
Programming Location Information
At First Tee – Louisville, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Meet our Programming Team
- Knox Lewis, Long Run Lead Coach
- Denis Stewart, Shawnee/Quail Chase Lead Coach
- Julia Vogt, Golf FORE Girls Associate Coach
- Kayla Ansert, Golf FORE Girls Associate Coach
A Message from Our Instructors
Thank you for your interest in First Tee – Louisville. For the 2023 season, we will be offering more programs which concentrate on helping the participants move through our program based on their age and skill levels!
Are you a teacher in the Louisville area? First Tee – Louisville has a School Outreach Program where we can come visit your school. The Program is completely FREE and we transport all of the necessary equipment.
When are classes?
Classes are held in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. We offer programming Monday-Thursday during each season.
Where are they held?
Classes are currently offered at seven sites: Shawnee Golf Course, Seneca Golf Course, Bobby Nichols Golf Course, Long Run Golf Course, Clear Creek Golf Center, and Quail Chase Golf Club. We also have an affiliate site in Brandenburg, Kentucky at the Meade Activity Center.
How much does it cost?
A session is compiled of 7 classes. An entire session of classes is $50.00. If you are in need of financial aid, please request a scholarship when registering your child for programming.
What equipment is needed
Junior clubs, golf balls, and learning equipment are provided for your junior golfer to utilize. The first week each youth participant that doesn’t have his or her on clubs will be provided a free starter set. If a junior golfer has their own golf clubs, we encourage them to bring those to practice.
What should the participant wear?
Appropriate clothing consists of: a shirt, pants or short, and any type of athletic shoes.
How to sign up?
You may register for classes on our website under the registration tab.
What are classes like?
Class size and age vary according to the class your child is enrolled in. Classes incorporate valuable life skills into learning the basics of the game of golf. We teach the youth not only what these life skills are but how to apply them to golf, school, and life.
Perks of joining First Tee?
There are many benefits of The First Tee Experience. Our goal is not only to improve your child’s golf game but to aid in character development by reinforcing the values inherent to the game of golf. Additional benefits include: a free membership to Youth on Course (Youth on Course is a membership which offers discounted rates for junior golfers at various courses in the area), free access to multiple youth courses, and much more!
Where can we practice?
There are several locations the area where your child can practice. Shawnee Golf Course has the Justin Thomas Foundation Youth Course, Seneca Golf Course Par 3 youth course, and the Long Run Golf Course Par 3 youth course. Along with this contact any of our program locations about range usage and tee times on the courses to utilize your Youth on Course Card!